Assistant Event Manager to the Event Management Operations Unit of Conference Catalysts, LLC located in Gainesville, Florida. This position is designed to lead into an Event Manager position where the employee would eventually be principally responsible for managing multiple events throughout the year.
About Conference Catalysts, LLC:
As a leader in event and association management for more than 12 years, we have built an impeccable reputation for providing superior event and association management solutions and service to our clients. At the heart of that success is a commitment to excellence, and that starts with our talented team of creative professionals. Listening to clients, treating them as partners, and providing exceptional service at fair and reasonable prices is core to building the long-term relationships we desire to have with the individuals and organizations we have the pleasure of working with. Through that approach, we guarantee incomparable support for each of them.
The Assistant Event Manager will report to the Director of Event Management Operations Unit.
Conference Catalysts, LLC is seeking a full time employee for the position of Assistant Event Manager. Event managers are responsible for the support of events from conception through to completion. Events include technical conferences, trade shows, board meetings, and social events. The role of Event manager is hands-on and often involves working as part of a team and varies highly depending on the specific client and type of event involved.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Liaise with clients to ascertain their precise event requirements
- Configure and management of online paper submission process
- Compile and production of event proceedings content
- Produce detailed projects for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets)
- Communicate and maintain timelines and priorities on every project
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Develop and actively manage event budgets
- Managing all project elements within time limits and on budget
- Provide leadership, motivation, direction and support to your team
- Ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery
- Travel to onsite inspections and project managing events
- Research markets to identify opportunities for events
- Coordinate venue management, caterers, exhibit designers, contractors and equipment hires
- Plan room layouts and the entertainment program, schedule workshops and demonstrations
- Plan menus and order food & beverage for event functions
- Coordinate volunteer staff requirements and volunteer staff briefings
- Sell sponsorship/stand/exhibition space to potential exhibitors/partners
- Configure online registration site and manage event registration processing
- Prepare delegate packs, name badges and papers
- Liaise with marketing and PR colleagues to promote the event
- Liaise with clients and internal design staff to create a brand for the event and organizing the production of tickets, posters, catalogues and sales brochures, plus social media coverage
- Coordinate suppliers, handle client queries and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly
- Oversee onsite set up of registration area, exhibit area, and meeting rooms
- Proactive approach to handling issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on the event day.
- Post-event evaluation (including data entry and analysis and producing reports for event sponsors)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have a positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize and execute responsibilities and a highly efficient manner
- Highly proficient with MS Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent verbal, analytical, and oral and written communication skills
- Must possess critical thinking skills. Ability to establish goals and priorities independently while working within the goals and objectives defined by Conference Catalysts and the Unit
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects at once while meeting respective deadlines
- Must be able to work in a team environment while remaining self-motivated and flexible
- Solutions oriented
- Ability to display impeccable attention to detail, exceed expectations, high work ethic, and integrity
- Customer oriented
- Ability to lift greater than 20 lbs.